Very cold temperatures are forecast with highs in the single digits and lows below zero. Minneapolis Animal Care and Control reminds residents that their pets feel the cold, too. Here are some reminders from Animal Control as temps dip:
- No pet should be left outside in below-freezing weather – especially without proper shelter.
- Like people, cats and dogs are susceptible to frostbite and hypothermia.
- Remember, if it’s too cold for you, it’s probably too cold for your pet.
- Leaving your pet outside in the cold can result in citations of $500 or more, seizure of your animal, or even death.
- We care about your pets. You should too. Leave them inside.
- See something, say something! Call 311 for non-emergencies and 911 for emergencies.